ancestralceremonies.org (the “Site”) operated by Institute of Ancestral Ceremonies (referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our”) as per our Terms & Conditions available here.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect specific information about your device to enhance your browsing experience and
provide you with personalized services. This information includes details about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and certain
cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you navigate through the Site, we gather information about the individual
web pages or products you view, the websites or search terms that referred you to the Site, and details about how you interact with
the Site. We refer to this collected information as “Device Information.”
To collect Device Information, we utilize various technologies, including:
- Cookies: These are data files placed on your device or computer, often containing an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies allow us to recognize your device and provide you with a personalized experience. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log Files: We use log files to track actions taking place on the Site. These files capture data such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. Log files help us analyze trends, administer the Site, and gather demographic information.
- Web Beacons, Tags, and Pixels: These are electronic files that record information about your browsing behavior on the Site. They help us track and analyze user engagement, assess the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, and optimize the Site’s performance.
Furthermore, when you make a donation or attempt to do so through the Site, we collect certain information from you to process your
donation or application smoothly. This information includes your name, billing address, payment details (including credit card
numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Application Information.”
- APPLICATION INFORMATION
We utilize the Application Information we collect to ensure the smooth processing of any applications made through the Site. This
includes effectively managing your payment information, providing you with invoices, and sending order confirmations. Additionally,
we leverage this Application Information for the following purposes:
- To establish effective communication with you. This enables us to provide updates, address inquiries, and respond
to any concerns related to your retreat application or donation.
- To employ your Application Information to screen retreat applications for potential risks or fraudulent activities. This proactive approach helps us maintain a secure and trustworthy environment for all users of our services.
- To provide you with relevant information or advertising about our products or services. This ensures that the information we deliver aligns with your interests and enhances your overall experience.
Regarding the Device Information we collect, we utilize it for the following purposes:
- Risk and Fraud Detection: The Device Information, including your IP address, plays a vital role in identifying potential risks and fraudulent activities. By analyzing this information, we can take appropriate measures to safeguard our users and prevent any malicious behavior.
- Site Improvement and Optimization: The Device Information aids us in continuously improving and optimizing our Site. By generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, we gain insights into user preferences and behavior. This knowledge allows us to enhance user experience, tailor our services, and make informed decisions regarding the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns.
We are committed to using both Application Information and Device Information responsibly to ensure the security,
efficiency, and enhancement of our services.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Application Information we collect primarily to fulfill any applications made through the Site. This involves processing
your payment information, providing invoices and/or order confirmations. Additionally, we utilize this information for the following
- Communication: We use your Application Information to communicate with you regarding your retreat applications or
- Risk Assessment: We screen retreat applications for potential risks or fraud to ensure the safety and security of our services.
- Marketing and Advertising: With your consent, we may use your preferences to provide you with relevant information or
advertising about our products or services.
The Device Information we collect helps us identify potential risks and fraudulent activities, specifically by analyzing your IP address.
Furthermore, it enables us to improve and optimize our Site by generating analytics on customer browsing patterns, interactions, and
the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with select third parties to assist us in using and managing your Personal Information. For
- We use Retreat Guru as our retreat booking system. To understand how Retreat Guru handles your Personal Information,
- We utilize Google Analytics to gain insights into how customers use our Site. To learn more about Google’s use of Personal
Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Additionally, we may disclose your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to legal requests,
or protect our rights and interests.
- BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications that we believe
may be of interest to you. To understand how targeted advertising works and to opt-out, you can visit the Network Advertising
Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You
can also opt-out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
You can further opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at
- DO NOT TRACK
We want to inform you that our data collection and usage practices do not change in response to a Do Not Track signal received from
your browser. Do Not Track is a browser setting that allows users to express their preference regarding online tracking and data collection.
While we respect your privacy preferences, we currently do not have mechanisms in place to honor Do Not Track signals. This means
that even if your browser sends a Do Not Track signal, we will continue to collect and use your personal information as described in this
If you wish to control or limit the collection of information through tracking technologies, you can adjust your browser settings or utilize
third-party browser extensions. These settings may allow you to block or restrict certain types of tracking technologies. However, please
note that disabling or limiting tracking technologies may affect the functionality of our website and your overall user experience.
We remain committed to protecting your privacy and providing transparency about our data collection practices. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our approach to Do Not Track signals or our use of tracking technologies, please contact us using the information provided at the end of this policy.
- YOUR RIGHTS
If you are a European resident, you have certain rights regarding your personal information. You can access, correct, update, or request
deletion of your personal information held by us. To exercise these rights or if you have any inquiries, please contact us using the
contact information provided below.
Moreover, if you are a European resident, we process your information to fulfill any contracts we may have with you or for our
legitimate business interests as mentioned above. Please be aware that your information will be transferred outside of Europe,
including to Canada and the United States.
- DATA RETENTION
We retain your Application Information for our records after you place an order through the Site unless you request us to delete this
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 21.
- CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, to ask questions, or to file a complaint, please contact us by email at
Last updated: 7/20/2023